A recent article in Wards Auto shares results from a study of 6,200 dealerships conducted by analytics company Marchex. According to the survey, dealerships who use active listening techniques and build rapport with customers on the initial calls are the top-performing 25 percent of dealerships in the study.
These top performers did the following things when communicating with customers: They requested the caller’s name 163% more than bottom performers; provided their direct contact information 40% more; used the words “please” and “thank you” 99% of the time; and laughed on half of the calls, which “kept the calls positive and relaxed the caller.
How effective do you think adopting these traits and practices in your Business or service department would be, rather than the generic assembly-line processes that some dealerships employ in the service drive?
If you treat ALL service customers in the same manner that these top-performing dealers treat their sales customers, you just might achieve similar results. And, when it comes to warranty and recall customers, they are much more likely to call the dealership with a heightened sense of anxiety. By relaying more understanding and empathy, you’ll win business from Recall Customers over new service customers. You can also increase service revenue and build a relationship that extends past the service drive and into the sales department.
Recall customers tend to differ from regular service customers, and it helps to ensure excellent communication skills when interacting with them. Sales processes have changed in the last decade with the advent of new technology and enlightened and informed customers. However, service processes have primarily remained the same. Check them in, perform an Message Passing Interface (MPI), contact the customer with any recommended service, complete the work, and then send them on their way. It’s time to upgrade that approach
Perhaps a little empathy, understanding, and following the lead of these top-performing dealerships can elevate service revenue to the next level and win sales indirectly. Why wouldn’t you want to treat your service customers with the same politeness, gratitude, and appreciation?
Winning customers is not solely a feat of the sales department. Dealerships have many more opportunities to accomplish that same goal in the service department than they will ever have in the sales department.
With Dealer Management System Technosoft Yana is the complete automotive solution to drive digital transformation for automotive, delivers a consistent customer brand experience at each customer’s touch point and achieve higher customer retention to Win Business from Recall Customers.
For Vehicle Sales
Streamline every step of the sales process – from sales order, delivery to invoicing and payment.
- Increase Sales Productivity: Improve response time to lead when sale staff navigated through a structured sales processes, auto-generate documentation via an intuitive and tablet-ready web interface or gain access to 360-degree customer-view and 360-degree vehicle view.
- Boost customer satisfaction index: Deliver the best-in-class customer experience (CX) by providing customer with personalised service and consistent brand experience across all branches.
- Fully customisable: Management can define & customise standardized workflows, with manual and automated steps, based on vehicle make, market segment or customer group.
For Service and Parts
Obtain insights and tools for all service functions to enable increased productivity and a superior customer experience.
- Increase workshop productivity: Increase service bay utilisation, improve mechanics’ productivities and reduce unscheduled walk-ins by enabling customers to make services 24/7 from any devices, outside operating hours. Automated service reminders reduce the number of cancellations and no-show.
- Gain inventory control and reduced inventory carrying cost: High level of visibility to service requests and inventory levels across branches enhances forecasting, improves part sales, increases service level and customer satisfaction.
- Increase service retention: Retain satisfied customers with customer loyalty program. Send personalised communications and service reminder to customers using an intelligent system.
For Business Intelligence
Perform real-time sales performances analysis with live dashboards on PC, Tablet or Mobile – Anywhere, Anytime.
- Stay in control: Get a single, complete view of your business performance across pre-defined segments, gain a bird’s eye view of the temperature of every opportunity, VIP customer, and avoid deals slippage. Technosoft Dealer Management is supported by Microsoft Power BI and it enables management to make data-driven decisions about the future based on past and present information.
- Deliver the best-in-class customer experience: Engage your customers and deliver a consistent customer brand experience and achieve exceptional customer experience.
- Reduce cost: Integrated dealer management system and dealership CRM processes prevents interrupted business processes and reduce integration cost.
Set up, manage, run and analyse marketing campaigns based on segmented database and nurture your customers with targeted campaigns. Analyse responses and results on a single dashboard.
- Reach more potential customers through every channel: Set up, manage, run and analyse marketing campaigns based on segmented database via Email, SMS, Google AdWords, Facebook Ads, regular post and even call centres.
- Increase campaign effectiveness: Segment campaigns using customer or vehicle details and deliver personalised campaigns via customers’ preferred mode of communication.
- Campaign Tracking: Track campaign performance by deliver rate, read rate, click through, response analysis and ROI. Analyse responses and results on a single dashboard.
Gathers financial data and generates reports such as ledgers, trail balance data, overall balance sheets and quarterly financial statements.
- Control of finances: Get quick insight into cash flow – anytime, anywhere, make decisions based on powerful performance indicators and communicate efficiently with all departments, OEMs, vendors, and customers. Decrease errors and speed up transactions with less manual data input.
- Quick access to vital financial information: View the financial position of your dealership, specific department or cost centre. Store and view invoices and statements using a variety of dashboards.
For Mobile Customer Engagement
Strengthen engagement with customers through modern lifestyle-mobile-applications and one-stop customer portal.
- Engage your customersInteract with car owners through push campaign & notification, capture sentiments and potential leads through social listening. Extend vehicle shopping experience in the palm of customers with online quotation and test drive appointment.
- Empower your customersEmpower car owners with detail vehicle service histories, access to service workshops – anytime, anywhere.
Take a look at your service department. Is it time to win business from recall customers and up your communication and listening skills and be more empathetic with your customers? Your customers will not only pay you a visit, but they will return for future visits.
Find Out More!
If you would like to find out more about Dealer Management System Technosoft Yana, contact us at email@example.com or schedule a 30-minute product demo with us today!